Saturday, October 30

Day 10

Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
Day 02- The meaning behind your blog name
Day 03- A recent picture of you and your friends
Day 04- A habit that you wish you didn’t have
Day 05- A picture of somewhere you’ve been to
Day 06- Favorite super hero and why
Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
Day 08- Short term goals for this month and why
Day 09- Something you’re proud of in the past few days
Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad


It's funny this is the topic for today because I've been listening to Pandora more frequently over the past few days.  The best way to answer this question would be to describe my main pandora stations.  


First, there is the "High School" station.  This is mainly top 40 music form the three or four years around the time I graduated form High School.  Alanis Morisette, Lisa Loeb, The Cranberries, Sugar Ray (I got all excited when "Fly" came on the other day), Blues Traveler, Jewel, and the Counting Crows... there are others but this is the basis of the station.  This is a nice way to spend my mornings- when I need a little energy to get some things done.  


There's also Jonah's Station with Elizabeth Mitchell, Laurie Berkner, some Beatles, Jason Mraz and the Barenaked Ladies' children's album.  Right now it's playing Elizabeth Mitchell's "So Glad I'm Here."  I save this station for when Jonah is under foot and I'm working on something, and he doesn't need to be watching TV... which is pretty frequent lately.  


I also have a channel for NaNoWriMo... it's called "This is not the House that Pain Built" after a Dar Williams song that (sort of) inspired the story I'm going to be working on.  It's got Dar Williams, KT Tunstall, Kate Wolf (who I'd never heard of before, but she has a great song called "Give Yourself to Love").  I'll be adding to this station a bit over the next month, I presume.  Mostly it's thoughtful, folky music by women.  Hopefully with just enough energy to motivate me.  

No comments: