Tuesday, November 27

Too honest?

Okay, this is a bit random- I know.

I was browsing CNN's website and noticed an article about Barak Obama admitting that he drank alcohol and experimented with drugs in high school. Mit Romney is quoted in the article as having said that "...we're probably wisest not to talk about our own indiscretions in great detail..."

Uh... does anyone else think this is really obnoxious and disheartening? Our leaders believe they shouldn't be too honest with us because we might notice they aren't perfect... where does that leave us? As a society of imperfect people who are all afraid to admit that they've made mistakes, I guess.

I would personally like to applaud Barak Obama for recognizing that honesty is the best policy. No one ever learned from mistakes they wouldn't admit.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I totally agree with you.