Friday, June 15

Gratuitous Nostalgia

Last Summer while working for NSN I had the supreme pleasure of going to Pittsburgh PA. I really didn't think that Pittsburgh was going to be all that great, but that was before I heard about the guest speaker for our conference. The actual, real, Mr. McFeely from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood came and spoke. I didn't actually get to listen, but I did get to meet him and I have to say that it is one of the neatest things I've ever gotten to do.

I don't think there are a lot of red-blooded American kids my age who didn't watch Mr. Rogers growing up. There were great reasons for that. Mr. Rogers was a truly wonderful man who gave a piece of himself to every show- and I think we knew that when we watched him.

I found this today and I thought I would share it. Read it- it's true.

Chara

No comments: