Thursday, May 11

I'm interviewing anyone who reads this!

I'm answering these first, but I would also like to have anyone who reads this to also answer these questions- just leave a comment!



1. If you could travel back in time, what would you tell yourself 10 years ago?


Don't go out with Bob! In fact, don't date anyone at all! You think you know yourself really well, but ten years from now you will still be learning things about yourself that you never even imagined. Don't worry about what other people think of you. You are cool enough to wear lots of color and cute strange clothes. And for heaven's sake, excercize! You may not even weigh enough to give blood right now, but your metabolism won't be like this forever. You are beautiful and special, and you are talented, but if you don't excercize the talent, and you don't believe and act like you are beautiful and special then you will stop believing it.

Most of all: Make God your first priority. All that other stuff will follow if you can get that one straight!

2. Who is your favorite artist?

This one is hard. I like Renior's portraits but I also like Klimt and (of course) Wilson.

3. What is your most prized material possession and what does it mean to you? (not people, pets or qualities.)

Without a doubt it is the journal I kept through my last two years of high school and my first year of college. Its mostly cheesy or whiney, but it reminds me a lot of how far I have come and where I have wanted to go- and where I want to go now.

4. How do you like your eggs?

Sunny side up and runny with toast.

5. What do you secretly hoard?

Books- I guess this isn't much of a secret for anyone who helped us move- I will probably not ever read them again, but I would miss them if they weren't around. Also, old copies of Real Simple Magazine, and neat pics and illustrations from the internet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, since you asked...

1. If you could travel back in time, what would you tell yourself 10 years ago?

Mmm...nothing, believe it or not. I'd be much more interested in listening to (and being amused by) what 14 year old me had to say. I don't really want to know what's in the future *now*; I wouldn't have wanted to know then, either.

2. Who is your favorite artist?

As a person...Laura Wilson. =) As an artist...she's up there, but I'm going to have to go with somebody Japanese. Names escape me.

3. What is your most prized material possession and what does it mean to you? (not people, pets or qualities.)

My wedding ring. Sorry to pick something so obvious, but it's the only thing I would be sad about losing in a fire. It makes me think of when David proposed to me the second time, on one knee outside my room in Bradfield; and it makes me think of our marriage and how it's just normal now, not new and sparkly, but comforting like an old quilt and hot cocoa.

4. How do you like your eggs?

cooked IN something, bleagh. as part of chocolate chip cookies. I think that's their best usage.

5. What do you secretly hoard?

Fabric...

Unknown said...

I'm trying to do better about leaving remarks on the family blogs I read, so here are my answers.

1. If you could travel back in time, what would you tell yourself 10 years ago? Mostly just to exercise and take good care of my body. Other than that, I don't think I should tell myself anything. I might mess up and change who I am now doing so.

2. Who is your favorite artist? I don't have one, but I do like Laura's work.

3. What is your most prized material possession and what does it mean to you? (not people, pets or qualities.) I have to pick just one thing?!? I would have to choose my engagement ring, I guess. It always reminds me of my wonderful husband.

4. How do you like your eggs? Over easy with runny yolks or scrambled with sausage mixed in.

5. What do you secretly hoard? I don't think I hoard anything, but I guess it would be books and magazines (or knowledge if you want to look at it like that). Maybe movies too.

Shirley said...

Let me think...

1. Think more about the future and less about the past.

2. Laura, of course!

3. The only good photo I have of my Mom & me.

4. Over medium

5. Shampoo, conditioner, makeup...