Wednesday, December 8

Chocolate Meat

Okay-
A few years ago, right before Josh and I got married I was living with my sister- and that's when it happened. I came home form work and Laura said- Try this. It looked harmless. It was a buiscut. Sort of. Inside of it was meat and chocolate.
Yes, Meat and Chocolate.
Well needless to say- it was also AWFUL. poor Laura was only trying to mix her two favorite things to eat. This has always stuck with me. How to mix chocolate and meat.
Well recently I mentioned this to some people in one of my classes and the next time we came to class there was my friend Tonya with two recipes. I have included them below.

Quick Mexican Mole
1/2 C. Chopped onion.
1 clove garlic, minced.
1 lb. boneless skinless Chicken Breast- cut in chunks.
1/2 c. barbeque sauce
1 square unsweetened bakers chocolate. Finely chopped.
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes.
Cook and stir onion and garlic in 1 tbsp oil at med. heat until tender. Add Chicken, cook and stir on high heat for 5 min. or until golden brown on all sides.
Add 1/2 c. water and the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, cover; reduce heat and simmer for 10 min. or until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve with 2 c. prepared rice.
Makes 4 servings.

Secret Chili Recipe
1 lb lean ground beef
3 cans (15 oz.) chili style diced tomatoess undrained.
2 cans (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 square Bakers unsweetened baking chocolate
2 c. shredded chedder cheese
Cook meat in lg saucepan on MH heat until cooked thoroughly, stirr occasionally.
Add tomatoes, beans, chocolate; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
Top with cheese.




3 comments:

Laura and John said...

OOOH! I'm going to try the first one this weekend when John comes! (John, by the way, was the only one to eat an entire chocolate meat biscuit). I also want to make the sausage with chocolate gravy, but i haven't a recipe. Tell your friend i'm very very grateful for the recipes!

Laura and John said...

okay...

so i made the chocolate chicken mole, and used a little more sweetened chocolate than it called for. surprisingly enough, John didn't like it, but Rachel did! I just thought it was okay. Go figure.

michele MD said...

Hmm. So I take it I probably shouldn't top my spaghetti with my favorite flavor of ice cream. Too much of a good thing(s) is just bad. Glad to hear things are going well, and I'll see you and Josh tonight!!