Tuesday, May 15

Be Afraid. Be Very Afraid.

You should be afraid of Motherhood.  It's terrifying and hard.  It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do.  I'm the mother of three beautiful, lovely souls. They look to me to guide them and teach them and care for them. I am responsible for tiny souls.  That is a heavy thing to take on.  
On top of that, motherhood changes you.  It confronts you with your own sin and selfishness in ways that I was never confronted before.  I am challenged, daily to live up to my god-given calling as a Christian to be faithful, prayerful, patient, kind, selfless... and so many other things that I might have thought that I understood before, but didn't.  

But it's beautiful.  It's amazing to suddenly realize that you love someone so much that you would throw yourself in front of a bus for them.  It's humbling to realize just how strong you are, and that God made you that way because he's giving you a job that needs some extreme strength.    


No comments: