What I don't like is the constant question... You're still here? (Where would I go?) You haven't gone into labor yet? (Obviously not) So, when are they going to induce you? (They won't.)
I'm not due until Friday, but I'm already getting a lot of these questions. Partly it is from people who know a friend of mine who was due two days before me and gave birth two and a half weeks early. Pam and Ben will probably be at church next week.
I wouldn't mind going into labor. Waiting isn't the easiest thing to do. However, I still have things I need to take care of here- like putting together the crib- and also, the idea of giving birth is still a little scary to me. I've been rereading all the childbirth books and listening to my guided imagery CD. I even made myself a guided imagery CD for childbirth. Mostly it's just stuff to do, though.
So I thought I might share where we are in some respects:
- I've been cleaning the house a lot... not that it really feels all that much cleaner yet. Josh has gone through a ton of boxes and our den actually looks like a room one might spend some sort of time in doing things other than pulling out one's hair.
And- NO- me cleaning a lot does not mean I'm about to go into labor... being 39 1/2 weeks pregnant does.
- We had a nice fire in the fireplace last night and I nearly passed out.
- I cleaned out my closet of clothing I will not be wearing anymore. It's still full of the maternity stuff, but at least it's not in a pile on the floor anymore.
- I am making pumpkin bread tonight to take to the hospital to sweeten up the nurses a bit- and for me to eat. I love pumpkin bread.
- I intended to order photos from Starla today (probably an e-mail and a check in the mail) but that didn't happen because of the other thing I intended to do: order more checks. I went to two branches before I realized that it's Columbus Day and all banks are closed. I guess I'll leave that for tomorrow.
- Also on the agenda for tomorrow- a nap. I got one today, but I think I'll make it a habit as long as I can. :)