Monday, April 16

wild and crazy weekend

Like most weekends, this one started out with Josh and I looking at a house. It was in the right neighborhood and it looked like a good deal- plus it has two fireplaces. After the last two experiences that we've had when making bids on houses, I wasn't about to get my hopes up, but when I walked in I realized that I wanted to live there.

Most older houses in this area are little ranch houses with a multitude of tiny rooms and little open space, but this one has a much more open feel and while it needs a little updating it does't need major work- like an HVAC system or painting in every single room to get rid of the smell of cigarettes. It's actually got a decent (not 9 acres... but decent) backyard, though it doesn't have a garage. I admit it- I really got my hopes up. I knew I shouldn't, but I did. We'd found a houe a block over only a few weeks before that was under contract only two days after being put on the market, so we knew if we had any chance at all it would only be if we moved very fast.

So we made a bid- again. But this time...

Well, this one is under contract too... to us. Josh and I are starting to wonder if we've lost our minds- my job isn't secure for next year yet and I need to get something temporary for the summer, and then there's the whole baby thing...

Maybe we have lost our minds. But I'm SO excited about finally having a place where we are the only ones with a key and no one else can complain if we get a dog and let it pee on everything we own (we wouldn't do that, but we could) or if we paint the bathroom hot pink and the kitchen "Lizzie Borden Red."

Now we just have to pack before May 18th. Wait... I don't think we ever un-packed everything!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for a new house!! When do we get pictures?

Laura said...

that is exactly what I was going to say - right down to the "yay."

Phil Sanders said...

at last, your time has come...

Dad