Tuesday, February 14

Happy Valentine's Day to Josh!

I have been really interested in doing "crafty" things lately. Laura's website has all these great links of all these crafty people who do really interesting things and I wanted to do some too. So this year for Valentine's Day I decided to make a love monster. I saw one that this guy makes on another site, but I didn't really like it and I thought it would be more fun to make my own pattern anyway.
This is the love monster. Sorry the pictures are so bad- my $15 wal-mart digital camera isn't exactly high quality.

I sewed the mouthin a jagged line and it has button eyes and a felt heart sewn on it's chest. I was going to put our initials on it's butt, but I got distracted last night.

Then there is the other project... Since Josh is such an environmentalist I decided to make him some personalized hankies (Notice I didn't mention that he always needs one because he's constantly picking his nose... a disgusting, but strangely endearing quality). The one shown here (I made two and forgot the picture of the other one) has a full border with our initials in the corner. The other one just has a lowercase j in every corner with dots going out from the sides. I need to work on my sewing skills.

No comments: