Thursday, August 16

Dear God....

This has been the week for praying.  There have been deaths, broken hearts, worries, sickness... It's all a little more than my heart can bear right now.


James 5:13-16
 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

It's so interesting to me that the Bible tells us that no matter what is going on, we are to pray.  I wonder about the Greek root of the word praise, and I wonder if it is connected to the word pray.

It's also interesting that this verse also tells us to confess our sins, and then follows that up with the statement that the prayers of the righteous are powerful.  Don't forget to have your mind and heart focused where it needs to be before you go shooting your mouth off to God.  Don't start asking Him for stuff before you even remember who it is you're speaking to, in the first place.  Was Paul thinking of me?  I'm sure that would really have been inspiring.

I lost my temper today, with my babies.  They were tired, I was tired, and didn't eat well, today.  Grumpiness led to tears and (bless his verbal little heart) words that shouldn't have been said from my oldest.  Was I patient?  Was I kind.  No, I was grumpy and frustrated and selfish.

I took a time out in the bathtub and my heart was softened and my conscience was washed clean.  My legs were shaved.  I thanked God for my sweet husband who dragged all three kids to Lowe's so I could recoup my sanity.
Sweet Caroline

I put my babies to bed.  Do you want to pray, or do you want me to pray? I asked her.

Me pray. She replied.  She took her sassy out of her mouth.

Dear God... thank you, Daddy, My Jonah, Baby Sadie...  Mommy and Mommy and Mommy....  Yo Gabba Gabba...  Jesus....  Mommy...  

 In Jesus' name... I prompted her.

AMEN! 

 My sweet little girl prayed for me.  Over and over, she prayed for me.  I remember, God.  Yes, I heard you!  I know... the prayer of a righteous person has great power in it's working.  Thank you.  Thank you, Lord.

No comments: