Monday, November 8

Day 13

Day 01- A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
Day 02- The meaning behind your blog name
Day 03- A recent picture of you and your friends
Day 04- A habit that you wish you didn’t have
Day 05- A picture of somewhere you’ve been to
Day 06- Favorite super hero and why
Day 07- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you
Day 08- Short term goals for this month and why
Day 09- Something you’re proud of in the past few days
Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad
Day 11- Another picture of you and your friends
Day 12- How you found out about Tumblr and why you made one
Day 13- A letter to someone who has hurt you recently


I have put off doing this post for several days now (I'm using the term "days" very loosely now, anyway) because I couldn't really think of someone to write to.  Who has really hurt me recently?  I could only think of one person.


Dear Chara,
Get it under control, girl!  Just because your life is hectic doesn't mean that you have to make me miserable.  Yes- you seem to be in a hurry all the time, but it's not really necessary.  Slow down!  Stop sweat ing the fact that your house is a wreck and disorganized.  It's okay.  I feel like you need to step back from life for a while.  Spend more time playing on the floor with your kids and less time trying to make everything in your world 'just so.'  So you missed a few blog posts?  Who cares?  So your NaNoWriMo word count is way low?  Who cares?  You're okay.


Me.   

1 comment:

Rose Arrowsmith DeCoux said...

I second this!

Can't remember if you've done "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron. One activity has to do with writing your current self a letter from your 80-year-old self. I avoided it for a while, but really enjoyed it.

And I'm so impressed you're doing Nanowrimo. I've been reading "Bird by Bird," by Anne Lamott. She says something about how you should be gentle with yourself, as if you are a wayward puppy who you are tryign to paper train... you don't drop kick the puppy into the neighbor's yard every time it piddles on the rug.